Jim Sullivan is a skilled mediator and an integral part of the AIR CRE Mediation team. Mr. Sullivan has been a successful commercial real estate broker for 35 years and the Co-Chairman of AIR CRE’s Dispute Resolution Committee since 2007. During the past 13 years, Jim has mediated numerous disputes involving complex issues with millions of dollars at stake. His patience, and open-minded approach give Jim the unique ability to find creative solutions to even the most contentious disagreements in an environment that offers all parties the opportunity to be heard and understood. His in-depth understanding of commercial real estate contracts, particularly AIR CRE Contracts, including leases, purchase and sale agreements, listing agreements and all addenda give Jim a rare perspective when mediating disputes regarding CRE transactions
Throughout his active involvement with AIR CRE, Jim has filled a number of key roles. Beginning as a Member in 1983, he joined the Board of Directors in 1988, and subsequently served as President in 1998. He has been a Member of the AIR CRE Real Estate Contracts Committee Since 2005, and Co-Chairman of the AIR CRE Dispute Resolution Committee in 2007, on which he currently serves.
Jim is a Sustaining Member of the Southern California Mediation Association and was a featured speaker at the SCMA 2019 Annual Conference.
- Master of Dispute Resolution, USC Gould School of Law 2018
- Advanced Mediator Training, Central District of California Federal Court ADR Program
- BA, History, University of California, Santa Barbara
- AIR CRE Mediator for Member Disputes
- Central District of California Federal Court
- Los Angeles County Superior Court
- California Association of REALTORS
Affiliations and Licenses:
- MC3 Certified Mediator MC3certified.org
- Member, California Association of REALTORS Mediation Panel
- Trusted Mediators, Long Beach, CA
- Real Estate Broker License Lic #: 00840945