2 REQUEST MEDIATION
- Claimant completes the online Request for Mediation form, which includes the ability to provide an overview of the dispute, request a specific Mediator, and submit payment for the (non-refundable) application fee via credit card.
- AIR CRE confirms application receipt.
3 AIR CRE CONTACTS RESPONDENT
- AIR CRE Mediation contacts Respondent and alerts them to Claimant’s mediation filing.
- Respondent is requested to complete the online Response to Request for Mediation form, which includes the ability to provide an overview of the dispute and request a specific Mediator.
- AIR CRE Mediation confirms receipt of Respondent’s submission.
- Respondents have 21 days to complete the Response to Request for Mediation. If the Respondent does not respond within this time period, the case is closed.
4 MEDIATOR SELECTION & MEDIATION SCHEDULING
- AIR CRE Mediation contacts both parties to discuss Mediator preference. They can either agree upon the selection, or agree to allow AIR CRE Mediation to designate the Mediator.
- Mediator contacts each party, introduces themselves, and schedules the mediation, which can be done in-person, or virtually via Zoom.
- Once the mediation has been scheduled, the mediator will provide a written notice to the parties containing the mediation details.
5 MEDIATION PLANNING
- To prepare for the mediation, the Mediator provides guidance to each party including how to exchange and submit information, whether opening statements will be allowed, who can, or should, attend the mediation, and protocols for in-person and online mediation. The Mediator will also confirm whether there are any issues the parties should be aware of that are not included in the written statements.
- Both parties complete and sign either the In-person Mediation Guidelines & Confidentiality Agreement, or Virtual Mediation Guidelines & Confidentiality Agreement, depending on the agreed format for the mediation.
- Parties pay the Advance Payment fee of $2,500, which is applied to the final cost of services.
- Mediator listens closely to each party’s perspective and evaluates dynamics to determine core issues in dispute and what might motivate each party to settle.
- Mediator makes observations to help develop collaborative solutions, overcome impasse, and guide parties toward resolution.
7 FINAL AGREEMENT
- Once the mediation produces a resolution, both parties sign a Final Agreement, which outlines the terms of the resolution.
- Mediator calculates fees and both parties are emailed an invoice for payment via credit card.
8 POST MEDIATION FOLLOW UP
- In order to ensure the satisfaction of both parties, AIR CRE Mediation sends a survey that requests feedback on the mediation process, Mediator, and outcome.
- AIR CRE will maintain survey responses as confidential and uses this information solely to evaluate the AIR CRE Mediation platform.